HUNGRY FOR TRAVEL TRAVELICIOUS RECIPE
SICILIAN CANNOLI BY GIOVANNA PIAZZA
The recipe for 12 cannoli.
You can buy pre-made cannoli shells.
For the filling you need:
- 500 g of ricotta
- 160 g of sugar
- 50 g of dark chocolate flakes
- 100 g of chopped pistachios
- 1 envelope of vanillin
- 10 g of cinnamon
- 10 g of salt
- 30 g of powdered sugar
- The ricotta cheese must be well-dried. Drain the cheese for 3-4 hours.
- Put the ricotta, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 20 minutes, so that the moisture of the cheese melts the sugar. Blend with a mixer until it becomes creamy, smooth and white. Now, add the chocolate flakes.
- Fill the cannoli with a pastry bag, smooth the two ends and dunk them in the chopped pistachios.
- Using a strainer, sprinkle the powdered sugar over the cannoli.
Giovanna Piazza is a passionate food lover and travellers’ host in Messina, Sicily.